Welcome to MineWiki
This Wiki has been developed as a resource for mining engineering students completing their capstone underground mine design project. Articles are mostly written by students, for students, so article content has not been uniformly edited for correctness or style, so caveat emptor.
To find your way around the Wiki, make use of the navigation bar on the left. Also, try the search box. Since this is a work in progress, you should also make use of the references suggested in the Course outline link (also in the navigation bar).
For a list of completed topics, grouped by function within the mine design process, see Completed articles, or use the navigation bar on the left.
Open access and attribution
Under this license, you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
This license is acceptable for Free Cultural Works. The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Notes to editors
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
To add a page for your articles
To create a new page, go to the navigation bar on the left and enter the title of the page you want to create in the Search box. The wiki will then display a page stating that there are no search results, and near the top there will be a link in red prompting you whether you would like to create that page. Click on the link and the page will be created, ready for editing. When creating a page, use sentence case i.e. first word in CAPS, then lower case for the rest of the title.
- Guide for authors
- Main list of wiki help topics
- Displaying math in articles
- Adding images
Contact the Editor
The site is maintained by Professor Steve McKinnon. Further information, including contact details, can be found [here].